Sign up for a foam roller class now
Tremendous Tool for Alleviating Aches and Pains
By utilizing the foam roller, you are able to allow your own body weight to promote myofascial release and reduce pressure on trigger points. By following a foam roller program, you will also develop a deeper understanding of trigger points, pain patterns, and common injuries.
Foam Rollers Can Have Positive Effects for Everyone
- Athletes of any fitness level, from professionals to beginners
- Those recovering from or currently treating an injury
- People who have an interest in self treatment and body knowledge
- Chronic pain sufferers
Get Rolling and Get Relief
- Decrease pain, soreness, and muscle spasms
- Focused pressure alleviates impact on trigger points
- Increase range of motion and flexibility
- Greater understanding of body mechanics and functional movement
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to bring my own roller and mat?
No. There are enough mats and rollers to accommodate a full class of 13 participants.
Can I still participate if I have an injury?
Please contact Corey
in advance to discuss the type and severity of your current injury.
Will it hurt?
Possibly. There is generally discomfort when trigger points and sore muscles are treated. Always listen to your body and know your limits. In the end always do what feels right for you.
How should I dress?
Wear loosing fitting clothes that you can comfortably move in. Think yoga or pilates attire.
Where can I buy a roller to use at home or work?
Rollers can be found by visiting www.optp.com
. For purposes of the class and the exercises you will learn, you should purchase the full round 36″ x 6″ roller.